Thanks to Randy Seaver for another great SNGF event. I actually got around to posting for this one, and as a bonus, got to play with my charting program! Susan Sumney is a daughter of Jacob Sumney, but I do not as of yet, know what his wife’s name is, so the chart ends with Susan. Or begins with Susan? Another unkown is when and where Alexander Best and Susan Sumney died. One day…one day…
A Little Legalese
curtesy (kər-tə-see) – “At common law, a husband’s right, upon his wife’s death, to a life estate in the land that his wife owned during their marriage, assuming that a child was born alive to the couple.”— Bryan A. Garner, editor, Black’s Law Dictionary, 8th edition, (St. Paul, Minn.: Thomson/West, 2004), 411.
Connect With Me
- November 23, 2014
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pmLocation: Huron County Genealogical Society, Norwalk, Ohio
- January 5, 2015
- Using Google Books: Five Ideas For Genealogical SuccessStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: East Cuyahoga County Genealogical SocietyDescription: Make exciting discoveries both online and off without ever leaving your computer chair. Five key resources allow access to a tremendous amount of genealogical information.
- March 10, 2015
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 9:00 pmLocation: Geauga County Genealogical Society, Chardon Library, 110 East Park Street, Chardon, OH, United States
- April 4, 2015
- Unlocking the Keystone State: Key resources and Repositories for Pennsylvania ResearchStarts: 10:00 amEnds: 11:00 amLocation: Hudson Genealogical Study Group, Hudson Library and Historical Society, 96 Library Street, Hudson, Ohio 44236
- October 5, 2015
- Links to the Law: Using Online Legal Resources in Ohio ResearchStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: East Cuyahoga Genealogical Society
Subscribe Via EmailEnter your email to subscribe to future updates