Sorry for the lack of posts. I’ve been mostly consumed with the time-intensive task of job searching in an economy without too many jobs. But today I decided to take some time away from the grind to go to my local FHC in Kirtland, OH and look through the films I ordered (Cumberland County, PA Deed and Estate indexes). Imagine my surprise, when upon signing in, getting my first film, and walking into the reading room, that all of the available readers were taken! Maybe it’s because most of my research has traditionally been done in the winter at night, but that has never happened to me. Even though it was a little inconvenient, it was great to see that there were that many people actually doing genealogy!
A Little Legalese
mesne conveyance (meen). Am intermediate conveyance; one occupying an an intermediate position in the chain of title between the first grantee and the present holder.— Bryan A. Garner, editor, Black’s Law Dictionary, 8th edition, (St. Paul, Minn.: Thomson/West, 2004), 357.
Connect With Me
- November 23, 2014
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pmLocation: Huron County Genealogical Society, Norwalk, Ohio
- January 5, 2015
- Using Google Books: Five Ideas For Genealogical SuccessStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: East Cuyahoga County Genealogical SocietyDescription: Make exciting discoveries both online and off without ever leaving your computer chair. Five key resources allow access to a tremendous amount of genealogical information.
- March 10, 2015
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 9:00 pmLocation: Geauga County Genealogical Society, Chardon Library, 110 East Park Street, Chardon, OH, United States
- April 4, 2015
- Unlocking the Keystone State: Key resources and Repositories for Pennsylvania ResearchStarts: 10:00 amEnds: 11:00 amLocation: Hudson Genealogical Study Group, Hudson Library and Historical Society, 96 Library Street, Hudson, Ohio 44236
- October 5, 2015
- Links to the Law: Using Online Legal Resources in Ohio ResearchStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: East Cuyahoga Genealogical Society
Subscribe Via EmailEnter your email to subscribe to future updates