In response to Randy Seaver’s Saturday Night Genealogy Fun , I have created three entries for the next big thing in genealogy bumper stickers. Nothing busts a gut like a little geeky genealogist humor… Enjoy!
A Little Legalese
habendum clause (həb-ben-dəm) 1. The part of an instrument, such as a deed or will, that defines the extent of the interest being granted and any conditions affecting the grant ◘ The introductory words to the clause are ordinarily _to have and to hold_ — also termed _to have and to hold clause_.— Bryan A. Garner, editor, Black’s Law Dictionary, 8th edition, (St. Paul, Minn.: Thomson/West, 2004), 728.
Connect With Me
- November 23, 2014
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pmLocation: Huron County Genealogical Society, Norwalk, Ohio
- January 5, 2015
- Using Google Books: Five Ideas For Genealogical SuccessStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: East Cuyahoga County Genealogical SocietyDescription: Make exciting discoveries both online and off without ever leaving your computer chair. Five key resources allow access to a tremendous amount of genealogical information.
- March 10, 2015
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 9:00 pmLocation: Geauga County Genealogical Society, Chardon Library, 110 East Park Street, Chardon, OH, United States
- April 4, 2015
- Unlocking the Keystone State: Key resources and Repositories for Pennsylvania ResearchStarts: 10:00 amEnds: 11:00 amLocation: Hudson Genealogical Study Group, Hudson Library and Historical Society, 96 Library Street, Hudson, Ohio 44236
- October 5, 2015
- Links to the Law: Using Online Legal Resources in Ohio ResearchStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: East Cuyahoga Genealogical Society
Subscribe Via EmailEnter your email to subscribe to future updates