Been pretty quiet in terms of posting on the old blog here, but discovered this bit of information yesterday while helping a patron at the Western Reserve Historical Library. On 23 Jun 2011, the “Birth affidavits, delayed births and corrections, marriage records and voter registration” images were posted. This collection is not indexed and searchable at Familysearch, but birth corrections and affidavits are indexed at the Cleveland District Roundtable‘s site. The direct link is http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ohcdrt/databases/birthcorrs.html. According to the wording (“This collection is being published as images become available”) and image count (a little over 18,000 images) it does not appear that this collection is completely online yet. Nonetheless, yet another record set for Cuyahoga County will soon be available, and better yet, freely available. Happy hunting!
A Little Legalese
curtesy (kər-tə-see) – “At common law, a husband’s right, upon his wife’s death, to a life estate in the land that his wife owned during their marriage, assuming that a child was born alive to the couple.”— Bryan A. Garner, editor, Black’s Law Dictionary, 8th edition, (St. Paul, Minn.: Thomson/West, 2004), 411.
Connect With Me
Subscribe Via EmailEnter your email to subscribe to future updates
- October 12, 2014
- Unlocking the Keystone State: Key Resources and Repositories for Pennsylvania ResearchStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pmLocation: Medina County Genealogical Society
- October 20, 2014
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold in Probate PacketsStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: Greater Cleveland Genealogical Society - Fairview Park Library
- November 23, 2014
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pmLocation: Huron County Genealogical Society, Norwalk, Ohio
- March 10, 2015
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 9:00 pmLocation: Geauga County Genealogical Society, Chardon Library, 110 East Park Street, Chardon, OH, United States
- April 4, 2015
- Unlocking the Keystone State: Key resources and Repositories for Pennsylvania ResearchStarts: 10:00 amEnds: 11:00 amLocation: Hudson Genealogical Study Group, Hudson Library and Historical Society, 96 Library Street, Hudson, Ohio 44236