A Little Legalese
curtesy (kər-tə-see) – “At common law, a husband’s right, upon his wife’s death, to a life estate in the land that his wife owned during their marriage, assuming that a child was born alive to the couple.”— Bryan A. Garner, editor, Black’s Law Dictionary, 8th edition, (St. Paul, Minn.: Thomson/West, 2004), 411.
Connect With Me
- November 23, 2014
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 2:00 pmEnds: 3:00 pmLocation: Huron County Genealogical Society, Norwalk, Ohio
- January 5, 2015
- Using Google Books: Five Ideas For Genealogical SuccessStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: East Cuyahoga County Genealogical SocietyDescription: Make exciting discoveries both online and off without ever leaving your computer chair. Five key resources allow access to a tremendous amount of genealogical information.
- March 10, 2015
- Beyond the Docket Books: Digging For Gold In Probate PacketsStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 9:00 pmLocation: Geauga County Genealogical Society, Chardon Library, 110 East Park Street, Chardon, OH, United States
- April 4, 2015
- Unlocking the Keystone State: Key resources and Repositories for Pennsylvania ResearchStarts: 10:00 amEnds: 11:00 amLocation: Hudson Genealogical Study Group, Hudson Library and Historical Society, 96 Library Street, Hudson, Ohio 44236
- October 5, 2015
- Links to the Law: Using Online Legal Resources in Ohio ResearchStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: East Cuyahoga Genealogical Society
Subscribe Via EmailEnter your email to subscribe to future updates
Category Archives: Houskeeping
Changes are afoot here at the Staats Place. Over the next week or so, the site will be getting a facelift. Not only that, there will be some new sections as I integrate and create sections for my professional research … Continue reading
“Ugh – another list of goals???” you ask? I’m afraid so, but I’ll try and make it painless. There is something somehow more binding when you commit goals not only to writing, but public writing. So without further adieu, here … Continue reading
I’ve just added a calendar and sidebar widget to help keep track of events. If you have a local or regional genealogy-related happening for which you would like a little extra exposure, I would be glad to post it for … Continue reading
Thereby making it a little easier to comment
<div class=\"postavatar\"></div> For any of you Twitter users, I added a plug-in which adds a tweet each time I post to the blog. Pretty slick.
So here I am re-entering the blogging world. My first attempt was genealogy-related, but this is a little more general blog…or at least I think it will be. Who knows?