A Little Legalese
appurtenance (ə-pərt-[ə ]-nənts), n. Something that belongs or is attached to something else— Bryan A. Garner, editor, Black’s Law Dictionary, 8th edition, (St. Paul, Minn.: Thomson/West, 2004), 111.
Connect With Me
Subscribe Via EmailEnter your email to subscribe to future updates
- March 11, 2014
- 10 Hi-Tech Tools for Low-Tech GenealogistsStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: SGSI (Slovenian Genealogy Society Int.), Slovenian Museum and Archives, 6407 St Clair., Cleveland, OH
- April 14, 2014
- Unlocking the Keystone State: Key Resources and Repositories for Pennsylvania ResearchStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: Lorain County Genealogical Society, North Ridgeville Branch Library, 35700 Bainbridge Road, North Ridgeville, Ohio
- May 1, 2014
- 2014 Ohio Genealogical Society ConferenceStarts: 2:45 pmEnds: 3:45 pmLocation: Kalahari Resort and Conference Center, 7106 Milan Rd, Sandusky, OhioDescription: 10 Hi-tech Tools for Lo-tech Genealogists
- May 2, 2014
- 2014 Ohio Genealogical Society ConferenceStarts: 2:30 pmEnds: 3:30 pmLocation: Kalahari Resort and Conference Center, 7106 Milan Rd, Sandusky, OhioDescription: Buried Treasure: Ohio’s Local Government Records Collections
- May 3, 2014
- 2014 Ohio Genealogical Society ConferenceStarts: 2:30 pmEnds: 3:30 pmLocation: Kalahari Resort and Conference Center, 7106 Milan Rd, Sandusky, OhioDescription: Docket Books & Beyond: Digging for Gold in Probate Records
- June 3, 2014
- program to be announced, Polish Genealogical Society of Greater ClevelandStarts: 7:00 pmEnds: 8:00 pmLocation: St Mary's Polish National Church, Parma, OH, United States
Category Archives: Houskeeping
Changes are afoot here at the Staats Place. Over the next week or so, the site will be getting a facelift. Not only that, there will be some new sections as I integrate and create sections for my professional research … Continue reading
“Ugh – another list of goals???” you ask? I’m afraid so, but I’ll try and make it painless. There is something somehow more binding when you commit goals not only to writing, but public writing. So without further adieu, here … Continue reading
I’ve just added a calendar and sidebar widget to help keep track of events. If you have a local or regional genealogy-related happening for which you would like a little extra exposure, I would be glad to post it for … Continue reading
Thereby making it a little easier to comment
<div class=\"postavatar\"></div> For any of you Twitter users, I added a plug-in which adds a tweet each time I post to the blog. Pretty slick.
So here I am re-entering the blogging world. My first attempt was genealogy-related, but this is a little more general blog…or at least I think it will be. Who knows?